Protein smoothie is a lovely option for a light breakfast or a healthy snack after workout. It’s also a great way to sneak more veggies into your diet in case you don’t like them! It’s fast and easy to make and it can help you clean up your fridge, since almost anything can be thrown in. I also think smoothies are a great alternative to sugary sweets to keep the cravings in check. This smoothie contains only about 200 calories which is great for those of us that watch the numbers.
- 100 ml of milk (skimmed, coconut, almond, …)
- 1 scoop of protein powder (use any brand and flavor that you like)
- 100 g of fresh or frozen fruit (bananas, forest fruits, strawberries, peaches, apricots, plums, apples, mango, pineapple, …)
- a handful of veggies (spinach, zucchini, broccoli, kale, Brussels sprouts, carrots, cucumbers, …)
- optional: add some herbs like basil or mint or throw in some superfoods like goji or acai berries
Instructions could be described with one sentence – throw everything in a blender and blend until smooth! 😉
I suggest pouring in the milk first, so the other ingredients don’t stick to the bottom, then adding in the protein powder and veggies if they are leafy and put the heavier ingredients on top so they will hold everything down and it will be easier and faster to blend everything evenly.
- I like adding bananas to every mixture because they make everything thicker and creamier. Just a few pieces (about 30 g) should be enough.