I love ice cream, especially in the summer but it contains so much sugar and calories which I am trying to avoid. I prepared these colorful fruit popsicles without added sugar, to keep my cravings in check. They are a great treat on a hot day!
- about 100 g of fresh fruit (or frozen if you are lazy like me ;)) per one popsicle – a bit less is needed if bananas are added since they are more creamy and thicker
Wash your fresh fruit and peel it if necessary or thaw the frozen fruit. You can choose any kind of fruit and make different combinations – I will add some of my favorite suggestions down below!
Put the fruit into a blender and puree it. Add a bit of water if the mixture is to thick for pouring. Pour the puree into popsicle molds or plastic cups and place them in a freezer for at least 5 hours or overnight to be safe.
Get your popsicles out of molds by holding them under running warm water for about 30 seconds.
- mango, pineapple and bananas
- strawberries, blueberries and bananas
- apples, peaches or apricots and bananas
- pineapple and apples
- plums and peaches or apricots
- or any fruit on its own, my favorite “singles” are strawberries, peaches or apricots and pineapple
- tip: bananas will make any combination more creamy but use them sparingly as they contain way more calories than other more watery fruit